Thursday, April 12, 2012

Trying Kraft Fresh Take

So I am trying something new tonight. As I was walking through the grocery store the other day, I passed the cheese section where this caught my eye. Kraft Fresh Take - You make it fresh. According to the package you just mix, coat, and bake.

Sounds easy enough. My promotion has resulted in less time for cooking and trying things (as my lack of blog posts has proven) so I am open to trying things out. At at cost of only $2.50 I thought I'd give it a shot. I chose Italian Parmesan.

It says on the package it can coat six pieces. My guess would be small to medium size chicken beasts, pork chops or fish filets. For my first attempt... Chicken it is. I use tenderloins and was able to use 8 with plenty of mix left over. I just didn't have enough chicken. With this recipe I probably could have made 15 tenderloins.

Worrying that I wasn't going to have enough, I added 1/2 cup of additional Parmesan and 1/4 cup of Panko bread crumbs. Guess I didn't need it.

The prep work is easy. Simply coat a pan, have thawed meat, (it needs to be a little wet) and open the package and shake it up. Press your filet into the mix and cover completely. Place on the pan and add additional mix on top. Repeat for all pieces. Bake until cooked thoroughly. It even gives you baking instructions for the different types of meat. Pop it in the oven, cook, and enjoy.

It certainly was easy enough. The Parmesan I added had small chunks so I made sure those pieces were placed on top of the filets.

Hope this review helps. It was pretty tasty.

No comments:

Post a Comment